CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Two whole Weeks Old Already!



It is hard to believe but the girls are already 2 weeks old. Today I brought their NICU nurses cookies to celebrate!

The girls are both doing well. Kylee had to go back on CPAP yesterday for her breathing. She was working a little too hard, and they wanted to give her a break. They said that they are going to leave it on for 72 hours, and then they will try her on the cannula again. These up's and down's are really hard, but its all part of the territory. Other than that minor hiccup she is doing really well. We did the Kangaroo Care thing yesterday, and this time she didn't scream the whole time, so maybe she doesn't hate me...

Kaylyn is pretty much the same, but no news is good news. She just got her last dose of medicine to close the valve in her heart this morning, so tomorrow they will do another cardiac ultrasound to see if it finally closed. Hopefully, this time the medicine worked and we can be done with this whole issue. I did Kangaroo care with her today, and she loved it. She definitely was not a happy camper when she had to go back to bed.

My little girls are so amazing, and I am so lucky to be their Mommy. I just want to bring them home already so they can go on their first desert trip. Things are pretty much the same, which is good. Daddy says slow and steady wins the race!

I just took a percocet and now I fully intend on passing out!

0 comments: